Monday, April 28, 2014

April Month Summary


Keith Cozart commented on Group 1 April Summery TWICE
 
Keith Cozart’s Summary
Midway through the semester, I was about three mouse clicks away from dropping the course.   I had too much on my plate and needed to find some peace.  At this point I’m glad to have continued. 

All flattery aside, my most enjoyable time this month was my interview with Bo.  She called me exactly when she said she would.- to the minute. We completed our conversation precisely in 60 minutes.  Knowing I have an end of semester reflection paper to write, I felt that most of my course reflection came out in the interview.  It was a good visit that required me to recall important aspects of the course that I would have otherwise taken for granted.  And to think, I almost did not agree to the interview.  It goes to show, it is worth it to step outside our comfort zones from time to time.

While April did have its challenges, I found the course work to be more creative.  I appreciated the video/audio options within weekly discussions and very much enjoyed putting together the eArchive.  I feel lucky to have had some creative energy to put forth.  Sometime I run short when most needed. 

As I look ahead I am not entirely convinced a Master’s Degree in Adult Education is what I’m looking for in my life.  Maybe?  I do know this, I learned a lot in this course, more than anything else to keep pushing ahead and to do good work.  I enjoyed working with my group partner Kyle Owens.  I hope for him all the best in his future course work.

In closing, I’ve taught online for the past 9 years.  This is the first full semester online class I’ve been a participating student.  My perspective has changed toward my students.   I now know more fully what they are dealing with on the other side of the computer screen.

5 comments:

  1. Keith - it was interesting to hear you have a new found perspective on what it's like to be an online student. That's one of the hardest things to relay to faculty I help to support at work as they create online courses and make the jump from face-to-face to virtual. It's something hard to attain without actually doing it. Is there anything you plan to change about how you teach online based on your experiences this semester?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always hope to update my weekly discussion forum. That would be me primary change. I like the way Bo offered a variety of weekly questions and we have a choice from the list. Thanks for the reply Ben. Have a good summer

      Delete
  2. Keith,

    It was great working with you over the semester, and like I said your dedication and organization really helped me this semester. I am really glad that you didn't drop the course as that would have made it very difficult on myself. I was not aware that this was your first class and wish you the best in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith,

    Very luckily you did not drop the course, otherwise, it will make Kyle's work difficult, and we will lose the opportunities to watch several very interesting videos you created and to benefit from your very insightful ideas you contributed to this course! :)

    I am glad you learned something from interview and from this course. Yes, interview is also a good reflection of the course. There were always some fascinating ideas occurred in my conversations with students in interviews.

    I am glad that what you have learned in this course can benefit your future work! Good luck and enjoy the summer, Keith!

    Bo

    ReplyDelete