Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Monthly Blog

Kyle Commented on Keith Cozart's Summary and Group 1 Summary
Kyle Owens Monthly             
            This semester was a real challenge for me as I am currently taking a total of three graduate courses. I feel though that this has forced me to stay focused on the classes and put forth more effort so that I don’t fall behind. While I never considered dropping the course I did find myself falling behind a few times.
            This past month was a challenge for me as I was in the Bahamas for the first week which forced me to complete an entire weeks’ worth of work the week before. Then when I got back I was already a little behind and had to play catch up. I feel like this month really allowed me to bring together everything that I had learned over the semester. I was surprised when I started working on my e-archive summary in how much I actually learned over the course of the semester. Like I said before, this semester was probably the most involved semester I have had and I was so focused on completing the courses that I never realized how much I was actually learning
            As the course comes to an end I have mixed emotions, this class has been one of the most influential classes I have taken and I am sad to see it end. On the other hand I am on step closer to graduation and have only one more class to complete this summer before I am able to graduate on July 18th. As an educator I am excited to take the things that I have learned in this class and take it with me in the future. I am also very grateful for have such a great partner in Keith, his organization and dedication to his work really helped me.

            It has been a pleasure to work with each one of you and wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.

4 comments:

  1. Your last reflection was very nice! It's always rewarding to see that other people with busy lives are making it! That makes me know that I can too! Thanks for sharing and good luck with graduation! :)

    Katie Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Katie on completing such a heavy load. I agree that this class is very influential. Also, I know how hard it is to try and juggle our lives and still take classes that are demanding. Good luck with your last class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle, you and Keith have done a great job working together this term and in presenting the material that we were covering. I appreciate the effort you put into your posts through the discussion board and through your blog. Congratulations in advance! Enjoy the month of August!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised when I started working on my e-archive summary in how much I actually learned over the course of the semester.

    ---- This is the amazing thing about reflection! The E-Archive is a reflection and revisit of what you have learned. It requires you to synthesize the findings of your previous assignments into a informative archive for practitioners.

    Good luck with your future academic work and your career, Kyle! We can still visit your blog and watch your video after the course end. :)


    Bo

    ReplyDelete