Saturday, April 26, 2014

Group 4 Survival Guide

Kyle Commented on Groups 1 and 2


Group 4 Survival Guide:

EDAC 631 was a fantastic class that has taught me so much information that I will take with me for the rest of my life. I have grown as both a life longer learner as well as an adult educator. I have gained knowledge that will help me educate both colleagues and students. Below you will find a few details on how to better understand the information and get through the course easier.

·         -Make sure you check the discussion board on a daily basis from Wednesday through Sunday.
·        - Keep in constant contact with Bo as she acts as a great resource for questions and clarifications.
·         Start assignments earlier. There are a lot of assignments in this class and they can easily creep up if you don’t  pay attention.
·        - Read as much as you can. Each week Bo provides additional readings…take advantage of this opportunity.
·         -Make sure that you work with your teammates and reach out if you haven’t heard from them. Everyone in  the group is probably taking multiple classes, so it’s easy for someone to forget items. (Myself included)

8 comments:

  1. The suggestion to check the discussion board often is a good one. It can be easy to focus on the basic requirement yet not really participate in the discussion. Checking often can help keep you involved in what's being said.

    Starting assignment as soon as possible is another good tip to stay on track and not fall behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice presentation, I would also agree with your general over view of this course. There is a lot of work involved in this course, however one must learn to manage time in a manner that will allow them to keep up with course expectations and dialogue among group members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me 3 weeks to realize that there were additional readings that we could do. I honestly didnt always have time to get to them but when I did they were very helpful. i also agree that starting early is a good plan. I've been taking only 2 classes per semester and its a lot to manage with a full time job and responsibilities at home. I find that getting an early start on the assignments is very helpful to successful completion of the course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree that people need to work on assignments ahead of time! It is amazing how the end of the month, or paper deadlines pop up! They are clearly posted on the calendar, syllabus, and weekly discussions but I still find myself in a tizz close to the due date! Great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that working on assignments ahead of time would have been very helpful! The calendar and syllabus was available and all assignments were accessible throughout the course. It was interesting to see the class shrink as the term went along and it is important, as you said, to stay in contact with your group mates in order to continue to help each other stay on task and complete the coursework together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a challenging course. But if students manage their time well and follow the instructions in the syllabus, they usually can successfully pass the course and learn a lot from this course. I assume some students gave up when they saw a large amount of work in this course.

      Bo

      Delete
  6. Very nice introduction, Kyle! These are very good suggestions for future students! Always ask if you have questions!

    Bo

    ReplyDelete